Friday, January 8, 2010

Fashion Your Seatbelts

The choice to choose between attending either AI or FIDM is getting a lot harder to decide on.

I spent my Wednesday evening calling both schools and talking to them about their programs and all that good stuff. I'm scheduled to visit AI next Saturday and tour the campus and get a close look at the classes. I wanted to know more about both fashion & graphic design from them.

As for FIDM, I can't really go and visit considering it's up in California. I had a hard time with them, I had to make a choice between the two of which I'd prefer more and I chose fashion design of course. I couldn't believe some of the info that they gave me. FIDM has been here for 50 years and is the largest accredited fashion design school in the country. If I were to go there, I'd have a job in retail at a place like Macy's my first year automatically and my second year I'd have a job actual job in fashion design. They have so much more to offer and more opportunity in fashion than AI does, but I'm still not too sure.

I'm not to sure if I'm ready to move far from home and be around people that I absolutely don't know, while if I were to go ti AI i'd be close to home and I'm already so familiar with the school and have gotten comfortable with the atmosphere of the school. I've done so much with them like summer programs, etc.

Hopefully it gets easier to chose as graduation gets closer, but for now I'm absolutely torn between the two schools.

So for now it's a full out battle between:
VS.

If anyone has any helpful advice or suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Well have a great weekend everyone, TGIF!
-Abel

0 comments:

Post a Comment